E2S is seeking a licensed, experienced Asbestos, Lead and Mold Environmental Specialist. The Environmental Specialist position is responsible for conducting and overseeing asbestos, lead and mold investigations and hazardous materials surveys, abatement oversight and air sampling. The ideal candidate will possess an EPA AHERA Certification and Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry Asbestos Building Inspector License with 2+ years of environmental industry experience. Working hours will vary depending on each specific project. Occasional projects may occur during the evening hours, on Saturday and/or Sunday but this is not routine.
- Perform asbestos, lead-based paint, mold and hazardous materials surveys and sampling.
- Provide abatement project oversight, air sampling, materials sampling, data collection, monitoring hazardous materials contractors for regulatory and contractual compliance, and routine client and contractor interaction.
- Assist with report preparation
- Complete project records at the close of a project, document the required closeout data, and organize the project records and permanent project files.
- Will be expected to become familiar with relevant regulations pertaining to the assigned duties.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, or related science field is a plus but not required
- 2+ years of experience providing Environmental Consulting services in residential, educational, commercial and industry settings
- Current PaDLI Asbestos Building Inspector license, City of Philadelphia Asbestos Project Inspector a plus but not required.
- NIOSH 582 is a plus or willingness to obtain certification.
- Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Successful candidate must have the ability to work independently, be timely and thorough and organized.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, computer competency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Job activities will require the use of respiratory protection and other personal protective equipment. The successful candidate must be able to pass a respirator, asbestos and lead medical clearance examination.
- Job will require the occasional lifting of 50lbs, field work at construction sites and strict adherence to our safety policies, as well as, our client’s policies.
- Candidates will commute to various project locations throughout Eastern Pennsylvania and must have a current Pennsylvania driver’s license and reliable transportation. Mileage is paid at the Federal Mileage Rate.
Element is an equal opportunity employer offering a challenging, yet rewarding work environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you thrive on teamwork and want to work for a company that will value your talents and provide opportunities to excel send your resume to email@example.com